Wednesday, August 09, 2006

EDM Challenge 78 - Souvenir




Last year I was invited to a conference in Iran. I have a lot of memories from this 'out of ordinary' trip. At the end I received a nice gift: this presse-papier is still on my desk. It's based on Archimedes' quote:
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."

This is a very inspiring quote. I was not quite happy with the drawing, so I did another quick sketch to get the perspective more likely. (The money is just added in my Moleskine as a part of the memory, I didn't draw this) Now I consider it done and I will work on the new challenges...it's already wednesday and I have to finish my IF-challenge, which is more time consuming than planned, but I'm having fun!

1 comment:

Alison said...

What a lovely souvenir and a great sketch of it.