Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolutions 2007

I'm still working on my drawing 'Resolutions' for the last EDM challenge 2006. I have a rather complex idea, so this will take time...and it's OK for me when it will be finished before the 8th of January, the end of my vacation.

I've got quite a lot of ideas and goals for next year, and I'm a little bit worried I overload my schedule (with plans for work, for my activities in a non-profit organisation, with reading & writing, taking care of the kids,...AND DRAWING).

I started this year with drawing, bought a lot of materials and a lot of books.

So, my first overall goal will be to actually use the different materials and do the excercises in the book. The most inspiring at this moment for me are 'Draw like Da Vinci' (sounds very ambitious) and 'Rendering in pen & ink' (a birthday gift).

Then I will commit to do the weekly challenges of EDM and IF , and also try to catch up with the previous EDM challenges, which should be done by the end of 2007.

I do not dare to commit to drawing every day...it doesn't sound realistic when I see my schedule, but with all these challenges I come quite close.

Inspired by Laura (Lauralines) I've also made a monthly list...and somehow I will try to combine this list with the EDM challenges. I don't know how yet, but I feel this list could be a usefull guide for next year. We'll see.

Januari:experimenting with pen & ink /washes and work on Kate's drawing lessons
February: play with the artist’s dummy - try water color pencils
March: everyday objects around the house
April: Vacation/ Spring
May: Self portraits
June: Exteriors, Plants, flowers
July:Water
August:animals
September:everyday objects around the house
October: Food, fruits, vegetables
November: Interiors
December: holliday cards

Well, that's it.
Most of all I commit to drawing next year, and as a beginner I'm motivated by seeing the big improvements as a result of daily work. Thanks Laura, Karen, Teri, Lin and others whose name I don't recall at the moment...for showing the daily work.

1 comment:

Teri said...

This is a great inspiring list and I lok forward to seeing lots of art from you.

Happy Creative New Year