Friday, January 05, 2007

EDM 100 - Landscape


EDM 100 - Landscape
Originally uploaded by Sparks2005.
Speaking of a challenge...
First EDM challenge of the year is landscape. I live in a city and it's cold and rainy here...When I've made my resolutions I reserved january for learning to work with pen & ink.

This is the result. I'm not quite happy...but it's my first one...and there are plenty of days in january to learn more.

I looked up some reference photo's and worked partly from memory. Belgium is a 'flat land' - 'Les pays bas' like Jacques Brel used to sing. This is a canal - and as child I was always amazed how these trees bend by years and years of wind.

8 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

IMHO, this has several things that really WORK. Your perspective for the distance is excellent, as are the reflections in the canal. I think you did a great job!

Donn said...

OUTSTANDING! Great use of pen and ink and your perspective and relections are great.
You're starting out the new year just great.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous - very dramatic. Excellent job.

Nina Johansson said...

Wow, I love this! If you keep working according to your resolution, you´ll be an ink ace by the end of January! I think you already are, in fact!

jill said...

great job -- love the dramatic perspective that just leads the eye up the picture. has a really good feel to it! i think i'm inspired to go draw!

Teri said...

Wow, this is so dramatic! Wonderful job and so distincive.

Alison said...

Fantastic composition - I'm looking forward to amonth of your ink sketches.

Linda said...

I'll agree with all the rest -- your perspective and reflections are great! Your ink work in the darker areas is excellent, too -- looks like you have a very steady hand!